Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sports Day


Last week was Sports Day at the girl's school - you know the day.  The one where you pray for sunshine,  get split into teams and run races?  We've all done it and we all do it.  When I was young I liked Sports Day until I hit grade five.  Then I tried to hide when it was my turn to humiliate myself in front of my peers as I attempted to clear the bar for the high jump.  

But, I digress.  Sports Day for the girls was a lot of fun.  All the kids in the school are divided into four teams, each with their own color.  You come decked out in your team's color and pimp up your ride accordingly to show team spirit.   The girls worked hard on their scooters.  They were going to be on display at the wheel parade at the end of the day.  Sasha and Hannah were on the green team ....




.... and Ellie was on Team Blue!


For the Opening Ceremonies, Hannah got to be part of the cheer leading team for the Greens.  They practiced a lot and came up with great choreography to Lady Gaga's Born this Way.  That's right, Lady Gaga.  We're not at Linden Christian School anymore, Dorothy.





After all was said and done, it was time for the team wheel parade.  
Do they make extra tall scooters for growing girls?  
If they do, be sure to let Hannah know.




This is Ellie and our neighbor and Sasha's school-mate Zoe.  
We think she and Ellie look like sisters.  She's Italian.  
Ellie looks like she should be.


And the moral of the story is - if you're green, blue, red or yellow, we're all the same.
We learned that at Sports Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment