Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Polynesian Ping Pong

Confession time.

Mike and I really love to play Ping Pong.    Really love.

And you know what?   I'm pretty darn good at it.  (Mike isn't too shabby either).

When we went to Mexico for our anniversary a few years back we were pumped to see a Ping Pong table set up near the beach.  We played a lot of Ping Pong on that vacation.  Honestly, it wasn't just friendly playing - it was a vicious rivalry.  At the end of that holiday, I led Mike in wins.  I wore that outcome like a badge of honor and never let him forget it.  

Imagine our delight and the opportunity we saw for the rivalry to return when we saw the Ping Pong table in the games room of our building.

We played  lot of Ping Pong.  Sometimes we let the girls play.  There was a local Hawaiian girl who was always hanging around in the evenings.  She kind of joined our family.  Here are Kalayna and Ellie after coming out victorious over Mike and Sasha in a doubles match.


But enough about them, let's get back to the real reason for this post.  
The rivalry.

It was on.
Like Donkey Kong.





Did you notice how intense Mike looked in those pictures.  He was determined to not let me win this time.  By the end of our stay, he was leading me 17 games to 10.  I was humbled, but more determined than ever to reclaim my status as supreme Ping Pong player.



Enjoy your victory Mike.  It won't last.
I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment